Followers

Friday, June 17, 2016

QKR Stampede Challenge #196 Quilting/Stitching - Real or Faux

QKR Stampede has a new challenge and this week the challenge is  "Quilting/Stitching - Real or Faux."  I have used "11007 Best Friends & 16813 Friendships and Gardens " and colored with Copics and cut out. The are a few candy dots and the kraft is cut using a cross stitch die from Memory Box. The Stitching is real around the greeting, which is only the first word of the greeting, I left the (s) off. The quilt is tied with real floss just the way my mother-in-law did for the quilts she made for each of the family members. Yesterday would have been her 89th birthday, she was a wonderful woman and she has been gone almost 2 years now and is very missed. I am so happy that I was able to tell her that I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law before she passed. This card is a reminder of the great friendship we had all those years, over 36 years now.


Stop by QKR Stampede  to see what the rest of the team has created and join in this challenge we would love to have you join us and if you use one of the great images from the store you could win more.  Thanks for looking and have a great day.  I will be entering this card in the following challenges...

1 comment:

  1. Your coloring is off the wall gorgeous. I'm going to borrow the quilt tying idea. I also enjoyed your touching tribute to your MIL. I'm sure the love was mutual.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...