Followers

Monday, March 11, 2013

Add a Shamrock

It's time for a new challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner and this week's challenge is to 'Add Shamrocks'.  Our sponsors are SK Digis and Milk n Coffee Digital Stamps.  I have 2 cards and the first 1 is 'Madelin with Retro Outfit' from Milk n Coffee Digital Stamps and I have colored her with Copics.   This image took me right back to the 1970's; I guess that gives an indication of my age.  She was so fun to color and I think I actually owned an outfit just like this only in purple, but I have been loving the green and yellow combination lately.  Back to my card;  I used a couple of dies, the lace oval is from Marianne Designs and the scallop oval behind it is from Spellbinders.  My shamrocks are punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I really liked the background papers together until the photo was taken and now I'm wishing I had changed my mind with the striped paper but it's done now.



I will be entering the following challenges with this card...
Great Impressions- Going Green
Red Carpet Studio - 2 shades of Green
Marianne Designs - Favorite Colors
Scrappy Frogs - Green/St. Pat's Day
Card Makin Mamas - Green
Glitter and Sparkle - St. Patrick's /Green
Pan Pastel - Anything Goes
Dilly Beans - Green
Simply Create Too - St Pats/Green


And my second card uses this cute 'Snail with Ladybug' image from SK Digis and is also colored with Copics.  I used some papers from Recollections and added a computer generated greeting that is punch with a Stampin' Up punch and the shamrocks are from that same Martha Stewart punch.  This was a fun image that would be great to used for a  kid's card.  


Take at look at Tammy's Scrapin Corner and see what the rest of the DT has created and join in the challenge.  I will enter this card in the following challenges...  Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Gingerloft - The Color Green
Color Me Creative - Anything Goes with Bugs/Butterflies
Kraftin Kimmie - Clean & Simple



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!!! Love the way you have colored up the images ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and such fun creations.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love how you colored up Madeline. After seeing how you colored her I really had to think outside of the box when I colored my image. I hear you on the paper choices, I had that same feeling after I made my card, but like you said...It's done now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snail is too cute! Thank you for joining us at CMC :-)
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous St. Patty cards. Beautiful coloring, and love the snail...too cute.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the images on your cards. Your coloring is awesome.
    Thanks for joining us and playing along at Great Impression Stamps March Challenge "Going Green".

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely cards, the top one is fab and that snail is so cute. Thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet cards, love them both. That snail is really cute. Just love your coloring. Anyway check out the award on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're both adorable, but I definitely love that 70's girl! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These two cards are great! Love your designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio.

    Tonya CDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both fabulous cards Tonya, I really love the 1st image, I love Retro and that works so well, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous, love the images!
    Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio!
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Madelin is a cutie! Both cards are so cute, Karal! I know what you mean about 'seeing the photo'. Sometimes I take a quick iphone photo of my card to get a different perspective before I post. Thanks for sharing your card with us for the Green Challenge with the Card Makin' Mamas!

    Hope to see you again soon!

    Inky hugs,
    Angi
    CMM DT
    makingmayhem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...